Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Very First Quilt

The whole reason I took an interest in quilting in the first place was I heard about a tradition in the Chinese Adoption Community about making a quilt for your adopted child. The quilt is to me made out of various patches of material sent to you from friends and family along with a good wish for your child's future. I fell in love with the idea and decided I had to learn how to quilt. Now I hadn't sewn more than a few curtains (very poorly I might add), before I took on this project, so I figured I needed some practice.

I went out and bought "Quilting For Dummies" and got started. I figured I would make some practice quilts for my boys while I was collecting the patches from friends and family for Ani's Good Wishes Quilt. The result of my very first quilting attempt is this Thomas the Train quilt for Ian. It is still my most detailed and difficult quilt to date.



No comments: